I want to give an special thanks to the writer. You did a great job. I am very satisfied.
1. ________ is defined as a business firm’s intention, beyond its legal and economic obligations, to do the right things and act in ways that are good for society.
2. The balanced scorecard measures organizational performance against previously established standards. Which of the four functions of management relates most closely to setting these standards?
3. Budgets can be used as tools within which two functions of management?
Controlling and organizing
Planning and leading
Controlling and planning
Organizing and leading
4. Indira Patel has been working in her organization’s computer security department for the past 10 years. If another employee follows Indira’s recommendations in a given situation, based on her expertise in computer security, which source of power is Indira using?
5. If Carol Reece is a charismatic leader, which of the following characteristics is she most likely to possess?
An external locus of control
A sensitivity to environmental constraints and follower needs
A strong need to be in control
A fear of taking risks
6. According to the Ohio State studies, which of the following dimensions of leader behavior refers to the extent to which a leader is likely to define and structure his or her role and the roles of group members to meet goals?
7. On Monday, Jim’s Taco Shop identified a problem with tainted ground beef that was used to make tacos and nacho platters for its lunch customers. If the staff at Jim’s did not identify the problem until after the lunch rush, what type of control would this demonstrate?
8. The ________ determines the number of levels and managers in an organization.
chain of command
span of control
unity of command
delegation of authority
9. During benchmarking, an organization can compare its processes and products to competitors in its own industry and to noncompetitors outside the industry. What is a main benefit of comparing a firm’s performance against an organization it does not consider a competitor?
A noncompetitor may allow an organization to see its practices more readily than a competitor in the same industry.
A noncompetitor may be the world leader in a specific process or practice, and an organization can learn from it.
A noncompetitor may be easier to find and benchmark, because the top firms in the world are so diverse.
There is no benefit to benchmarking a firm against a noncompetitor.
10. If a manager rationalizes that he or she does not have time to investigate the source of a problem and instead resorts to putting out fires, the manager is missing the use of ________.
basic corrective action
immediate corrective action
11. Which leadership theory is derived from the belief that a leader’s job is to remove pitfalls and roadblocks so followers can achieve their work goals?
Leader participation model
12. A company that wants to distinguish itself from the competition in the marketplace is most likely using which of the following strategies?
13. When a manager makes use of a SWOT analysis, one of his or her objectives is to
set specific short-term performance standards for each department
formulate appropriate strategies to exploit strengths, protect against threats, and correct weaknesses
evaluate the desirability of issuing stocks or bonds in the current financial climate
identify the best employees to fill each position in the organization
14. What can be said about a manager who believes she worked hard and met her organization’s productivity goals despite unfavorable conditions?
She has an external locus of control.
She has a high ego strength.
She has an internal locus of control.
She has a low ego strength.
15. Which of the following is a characteristic of a matrix organization?
It is free of internal and external boundaries.
It has formal departments to which employees return after completing a project
It conforms to the unity of command principle.
It has a single chain of command for functional managers to report to.
16. Which of the following is a characteristic of an organic organization?
Narrow span of controls
17. Conflicts can be resolved by satisfying one’s own needs at the expense of others. This conflict- management technique is known as ________.
18. When planning for unexpected events, a company is using which of the following techniques?
19. Melvin manages a team of 10 employees, including Jane and Jared. Jared is leaving the organization to find a job as a manager in another field. Meanwhile, due to performance issues, Melvin terminates Jane’s employment with the company. Both of these are examples of what type of employee behavior?
20. Searching for new ideas beyond an organization’s boundaries and allowing changes to easily transfer inward and outward is known as ________.
21. Which business practice would likely encourage ethical behavior?
Intense competition for valued rewards
Cultural values for obedience to authority
Strong emphasis on individual productivity
Strong emphasis on leading by example
22. Why are feedforward controls more rarely implemented as compared to other types of controls?
Feedforward controls result in wasted time and money.
Feedforward controls require managers to interact directly with employees.
Feedforward controls are time-consuming for managers because they must continually monitor progress.
Feedforward controls require timely and accurate information that is hard to obtain.
23. Which of the following statements is true about group decision making?
It generates more complete information and knowledge.
It is most suitable for matters that must be critically evaluated.
It prevents any one minority from dominating or influencing the final decision.
It takes less time to reach a solution than it would an individual.
24. In the ________ approach of going green, organizations respond to the environmental preferences of customers.
25. Thomas often annoys his coworkers with his talkativeness and assertive personality. According to the Big Five Model of personality, Thomas would be described as high in the trait of ________.
openness to experience
26. If a firm wanted to identify how much money was being made for each sale of a given product (above and beyond the costs associated with making that product), what type of ratio would it use?
27. It is crucial to determine an acceptable _____ during the comparing step in the control process.
measure of organizational performance
range of variation
28. An organization’s ________ goals are official statements of what an organization says its goals are.
29. Kelly is interviewing candidates to fill a vacancy on her team. One candidate has a degree from a prestigious university, and Kelly is impressed. In speaking with her fellow members of the interview panel, however, Kelly finds that no one else enjoyed the interview with the candidate, finding her to be pompous, aggressive, and self-serving. In her focus on only the candidate’s education, Kelly may have fallen victim to _______.
the halo effect
30. Which of the following stages is when the group structure is in place and accepted by the group members?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more