The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
1. Departmentalization based on ________ groups jobs on the basis of territory or physical location.
2. All other things being equal, the wider or larger the span, the more ________ an organization is.
3. Large organizations tend to have more ________ than smaller organizations
A. rules and regulations.
D. all of the above.
4. Low vertical differentiation, low horizontal differentiation, and low formalization are characteristics of an organization that carries out ________.
A. unit production.
B. mass production.
C. flow production.
D. process production.
5. High vertical differentiation, low horizontal differentiation, and low formalization are characteristics of an organization that indulges in ________.
A. process production.
B. unit production.
C. serial production.
D. mass production
6. What are the different structures that traditional organizations can have?
A. functional, strategic, and business unit structures.
B. simple, functional, and divisional structures.
C. simple, functional, and corporate structures.
D. simple, functional, and business unit structures.
General Hospital (Scenario)Michelle is a registered nurse in charge of a new unit at her hospital. She would like to have a more laidback approach in dealing with her new staff, but the hospital demands that there be strict hierarchical levels and that all decisions must be signed off by Michelle. Sometimes the constant filling out of forms, and so forth really annoys Michelle. She also feels that the numerous levels of hierarchy are unnecessary and place barriers between herself and her staff. She isn’t sure why things have to be so “organized” and is thinking about speaking with her boss about having more flexibility and fewer rules.
7. Michelle has noticed that everyone is very concerned about the line of authority within the hospital. This implies that the employees at the hospital are worried about the ________.
A. span of control.
B. decentralization of control.
D. chain of command.
8. The fact that Michelle’s signature is required on all documents and her word is the last word on all decisions relating to her unit, suggests that ________.
A. the hospital has an organic structure.
B. the hospital has a centralized structure.
C. the hospital has a decentralized structure.
D. the hospital has a simple structured.
Leather and Lacey (Scenario)Lacey has been hired as a consultant for Jefferson Consulting. Her first assignment is to work with one of Jefferson’s newest clients, Custom Leather, Inc., a manufacturer of high-end leather furniture. Custom Leather was founded over a decade ago with the idea that great looking, comfortable leather furniture could be custom made and delivered to customers in 30 days. Traditionally, retailers stock leather sofas to satisfy the desire to receive new
furniture fast—limiting the choice of colors and style for the consumer. In stark contrast, Custom Leather offers 13 different styles in over 70 different colors—from rich, deep browns to sleek, silver grays, to bright, ruby red—through a select group of retail outlets. Each piece is built to the customer’s individual requirements and is shipped within 2-3 weeks. However, the emergence of a new manufacturing technology has enabled a few, traditionally mass-
production competitors to offer greater customization, adversely affecting Custom Leather’s competitive advantage. As a result, Custom Leather is considering sweeping changes to current work processes and organizational structure.
9. Custom Leather CEO, Standish, is considering doubling the size of his workforce in conjunction with expanding the number of retail outlets that carry Custom Leather products. Lacey tells him that he should expect the organization to become _________ as a result of this
A. less formalized.
B. more mechanistic.
C. more organic.
D. more decentralized.
10. Which of the following organizational designs has no rigid and predefined structure?
A. boundaryless organizations.
B. simple structures.
C. functional organizations.
D. matrix structures.
11. Which of the following is true regarding the benefits of collaborative work?
A. The participants have similar views and similar goals.
B. It increases communication among participants.
C. The logistics of coordination is easily achieved.
D. It minimizes interpersonal conflicts.
12. Which of the following will help in making communities of practice successful?
A. conducting face-to-face meetings, instead of online meetings.
B. encouraging members to nurture competing goals
C. focusing on simple and routine issues that can be easily tackled.
D. having clear accountability and managerial oversight.
13. Which among the following is the best way to convince employees to become remote workers?
A. by pointing to the pay “increase” employees would receive from money saved through telecommuting
B. by telling them that they are unlikely to miss the camaraderie and social exchanges of the workplace
C. by offering free car rental.
D. by telling them that telecommuting eventually blurs the line between work and home.
14. The practice of having two or more people split a full-time job is known as ________.
B. job rotation.
C. job sharing.
Changing Times (Scenario)
In order to cope with the changing times, Cheryl’s company is thinking of adopting some organizational changes.
15. The company wants to grow without incurring costs for a new office building, equipment, or parking lots. Which would be the best option for the company?
A. It can give its employees the option of telecommuting.
B. It can compress the workweek of its employees.
C. It can adopt the open innovation approach.
D. It can enter into a strategic partnership.
16. Which of the following acts prohibit discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disabilities?
A. Vocational Rehabilitation Act
B. Equal Pay Act
C. Occupational Safety and Health Act
D. Civil Rights Act, Title VII.
17. Errors made by getting rid of candidates who would have performed successfully on the job are known as ________.
A. reception errors.
B. reject errors.
C. accept errors
D. admission errors.
18. Which of the following is a technology-based training method?
B. experiential exercises.
D. classroom lectures.
19. The ________ method utilizes feedback from supervisors, employees, and coworkers.
A. 360-degree appraisal.
B. critical incident.
C. management by objective.
D. graphic rating scale
The New Sales Manager (Scenario)Wade McKenzie is a new sales manager for The Potomac Group, a healthcare finance consulting firm, based in the mid-South. In addition to performing his regular duties he has also been asked to evaluate the performance of his subordinates and present a report to his superiors.
20. Six months into Wade’s tenure as sales manager, he hosts his first regional sales meeting. During the course of the meeting, Wade meets individually with his employees and shows them a chart of their sales numbers for each month compared to their budgeted quota for the year to date. Additionally, Wade and each employee set mutually agreed-upon budget goals for the remaining six months of the fiscal year. Wade is utilizing the ________ method of performance appraisal.
B. multiperson comparison.
D. critical incident.
21. ________ occurs when a supervisor earns less than his or her subordinates.
B. Status incongruence.
C. Role ambiguity.
D. Job enrichment
22. Which of the following suggestions will help reduce the effect of social loafing in groups?
A. clearly identify individual responsibilities.
B. form homogeneous groups to increase group cohesiveness.
C. provide group rewards instead of individual rewards.
D. increase the overall size of the group.
23. ________ conflict relates to the content and goals of the work.23.
24. Conflicts can be resolved by withdrawing from them or suppressing them. This conflict management technique is known as ________.
25. A work group ________..
A. has no need or opportunity to engage in collective work that requires joint effort.
B. encourages open-ended discussions and active problem-solving meetings.
C. works intensely on a specific goal using their positive synergy .
D. measures performance directly by assessing collective work outputs.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more